With very few exceptions we have found dogs traveling with their owners to be excellent guests. In the rare circumstance when they are not, owners will be held responsible for their animals, and will be charged for any damages.
- It is never permissible to leave your pet in your room alone, whether in a crate or loose.
- Dogs are to be on a leash, or with the owner while on the grounds. Exercise in the meadow is allowed off leash for dogs who can obey voice commands. Owners are still responsible for controlling their dogs.
- Without exception, dogs are to never be left alone in any automobile.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their own pets.
- Bathing your pet in our showers or tubs is not permissible.
- We know that some of our pets prefer to sleep on our beds and furniture. (Honestly, ours do too!) Please let us know so that we may provide you with extra coverings to protect from the sand, dirt and hair. If not, we will be adding an extra cleaning charge to your room bill.
For most of us, the rules are not necessary. Unfortunately, it has become apparent that it is necessary to provide a pet policy to all our guests.
Thank you, and we are looking forward to your stay with us!
Accomodations for your pet
Amenities for your Pet
We are more than happy to loan, free of charge, sterilized stainless food and water bowls, nap blankets, dogie beach towels, leash, or mess towels, etc. Just let us know during office hours.
$25.00 per pet.
Pet Fees are per stay, not per night.
A portion of your pet fee will be donated to one of our local shelters. The Cleone Gardens Inn thanks you for traveling with your pet.
Dog Friendly Beaches On the Mendocino Coast
- MacKerricher State Park
Located three miles north of Fort Bragg, and behind our Inn, in the community of Cleone. Dogs on leashes (no longer than 6 feet), are allowed on the beach but are not permitted on park trails.
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
Located on the south end of Fort Bragg just off of Highway One. Well-mannered dogs on leashes are always welcome and enjoy free admission. Relish the day in the gardens and walking the spectacular ocean bluffs with your pet.
- Noyo Beach
The beach is a dog friendly off-leash play area for year round use. It is located in Fort Bragg at the Noyo River harbor. On the north end of the Noyo bridge, take North Harbor Drive left and follow the road and signs to the jetty.
- Union Landing State Beach
Located 15 miles north of Fort Bragg on Highway One, and 2 miles north of Westport. Dogs on a leashes (no longer than 6 feet), are allowed on the beach.
- Mendocino Headlands State Park
Big River Beach is on the south side of Mendocino. It is accessible by vehicle from the east side of Highway One. Dogs on leashes are allowed on the beach.
- Van Damme State Park
Located three miles south of Mendocino on Highway One. Dogs on leashes (no longer than 6 feet), are allowed on beach.